Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2023/02/23 13:10:03 UTC

[URGENT] Remove old versions of Airflow docs (<1.10.14) as stop-gap measure for doc builds

Hello everyone,

We just ran out of space for the Airflow documentation build and our
documentation stopped being published - with the last provider's
releases.

The process of building requires all versions of Airflow to be present
when publishing new documentation.

As a stop-gap measure - I have prepared pr with removed docs for
<1.10.15 https://github.com/apache/airflow-site/pull/740. The old docs
are kept in git history and we can revert this change back asap. I
think not having information about < 1.10.14 is much better than not
having information about the latest providers (and airflow when we
release it soon).

Unless someone has a better idea (and PR), I see that as the fastest
way to temporarily fix the problem and I am going to merge it soon
unless we have some objection and counter-proposal.

However this is going to come back soon. I believe Ash mentioned that
someone from Astronomer **might** be able to help with rewriting the
docs build process so I think this is about the last moment to do so,
because if we continue, releasing new versions of both providers and
airflow without any change, the problem is going to get worse.

Next stop-gap measure is to remove docs for old providers' versions.

J,

Re: [URGENT] Remove old versions of Airflow docs (<1.10.14) as stop-gap measure for doc builds

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.
Cool :). Teamwork :D

Posted by Jed Cunningham <je...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Cool stuff, now that it this one is merged, let’s revert the morning merge.

Thanks Jed.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yeah let's redirect them to s3 hosted site. We can just update .htacess
<https://github.com/apache/airflow-site/blob/gh-pages/.htaccess> file with
the redirect rules.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

Posted by Vikram Koka <vi...@astronomer.io.INVALID>.