Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nirav Patel <np...@xactlycorp.com> on 2016/07/27 16:12:42 UTC

Uploading all files under directory with no extension

I tried using post tool with following parameters. Looks like its not
uploading files if it doesn't have known extension.

./bin/post -c mycol1  -params "separator=%09" -type text/tsv -filetypes tsv
 /dev/datascience/pod1/population/baseline/

/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_102//bin/java -classpath
/home/xactly/solr-6.1.0/dist/solr-core-6.1.0.jar -Dauto=yes -Dc=bonusOrder
-Ddata=files -Drecursive=yes org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool
/mapr/insights/datascience/rulec/prdx/bonusOrderType/baseline/
SimplePostTool version 5.0.0
Posting files to [base] url http://localhost:8983/solr/mycol1/update...
Entering auto mode. File endings considered are
xml,json,jsonl,csv,pdf,doc,docx,ppt,pptx,xls,xlsx,odt,odp,ods,ott,otp,ots,rtf,htm,html,txt,log
Entering recursive mode, max depth=999, delay=0s
Indexing directory /dev/datascience/pod1/population/baseline/ (0 files,
depth=0)
0 files indexed.
COMMITting Solr index changes to http://localhost:8983/solr/mycol1/update...
Time spent: 0:00:00.056

All the files I have under  /dev/datascience/pod1/population/baseline/
having same structure and they all are tsvs. Only thing is they don't have
any extension.

Is there a way to upload them using cli.

Thanks

--

[image: What's New with Xactly] <http://www.xactlycorp.com/email-click/>

<https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:XTLY>  [image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/xactly-corporation>  [image: Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/Xactly>  [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/XactlyCorp>  [image: YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/xactlycorporation>

Re: Uploading all files under directory with no extension

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
I believe the extensions are used for type guessing normally.

You could try explicitly specify files if they are in one directory
and you only have non-extension files. Or you could do a find|grep
-v|xargs -n command sequence to find whatever you need and feed it to
the post script.

Regards,
   Alex.
----