Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Yang Guang <gy...@essex.ac.uk> on 2003/04/09 23:14:42 UTC

soapexceptioin

My question is simple:

I got a service return org.w3c.dom.Element.
when there is no parameter in service, everything is ok,
but if there is parameter in service, say, a user define object.
there is a error message when calling client program.
" Soapexception(env:client): I only know how to serialize org.w3c.dom.Element".

what cause the error massage?

any response will be appriciated!

Sincerely,

Yang Guang

Keynes Tower 5/13
University of Essex
Wivenhoe Park
Colchester
Essex  CO4 3SQ

Tel: +44 (0)1206 535808
E-mail: gyang@essex.ac.uk

Re: soapexceptioin

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
When you specify literal XML encoding (Constants.NS_URI_LITERAL_XML),
your parameters and return values can only be of type
org.w3c.dom.Element.  If you want to use other parameter types, they
must be specified as SOAP encoded.

On 9 Apr 2003 at 22:14, Yang Guang wrote:

> My question is simple:
>
> I got a service return org.w3c.dom.Element.
> when there is no parameter in service, everything is ok,
> but if there is parameter in service, say, a user define object.
> there is a error message when calling client program.
> " Soapexception(env:client): I only know how to serialize org.w3c.dom.Element".
>
> what cause the error massage?
>
> any response will be appriciated!
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Yang Guang
>
> Keynes Tower 5/13
> University of Essex
> Wivenhoe Park
> Colchester
> Essex  CO4 3SQ
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1206 535808
> E-mail: gyang@essex.ac.uk

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.