Posted to users@maven.apache.org by anamika gupta <an...@hcl.com> on 2011/09/08 10:15:17 UTC

Resources tag info required

if i put <resources> tag in my pom.xml, then it includes only those files and
folders which i described in the <resources> tag and leave all the files and
folders which are in the src/main/resources folders.

Can you please tell me the reason.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Resources tag info required

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
...".otherwise Maven dudes would have to contemplate some boolean tag for
default folder inclusion, which in turn exists (and it's really useful) for
the files in a resource folder."

can u read the comma beetwen "default folder inclusion" and " which in turn
exists" ?

The only thing that you can do , at the moment, is
<resource>/src/main/resources</resource>

all the best

HTH

--
Daniele

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wayne,

thx for claryfing my concept...it's quite what I meant... :-)

Cheers

--
Daniele

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anamika gupta <an...@hcl.com>.

Posted by Daniele De Francesco <dd...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've found this behaviour too, quite obviously I resolved by specifing
/src/main/resources into <resource> tag, on the other hand this behaviour
it's comprehensible, if you want specify another resource path generally
it's because you don't want/need the default path which has to be a priori
excluded...otherwise Maven dudes would have to contemplate some boolean tag

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@scalaris.com>.
Hi Anamika,

anamika gupta wrote:

> if i put <resources> tag in my pom.xml, then it includes only those files
> and folders which i described in the <resources> tag and leave all the
> files and folders which are in the src/main/resources folders.
>
> Can you please tell me the reason.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Because you defined now in the POM that Maven should look for the resources
elsewhere. Look at the description of the resource plugin how to configure
additional places.

- Jörg