Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lincoln Mitchell <li...@linc.net.au> on 2004/12/16 11:55:14 UTC

Do I need a repeater to append nodes in XML file

I am trying to learn CFORMS and for starters wish to create just a simple 1
field form and a submit button that appends a new "contact" to a xml
document like this:

<contacts>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Fred</firstname>
        </contact>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Burt</firstname>
        </contact>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Harry</firstname>
        </contact>
<contacts>

To do this I have been stripping down the 'form2xml' sample:
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form2xml.flow.

My questions are:
Do I still need a fb:repeater to do this? How a bout fb:identity?
If so, can you explain why?

Linc