Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kadal Amutham <vk...@apache.org> on 2013/07/03 10:33:42 UTC

Online update of AOO-XX

The functional portion of the AOO will be stable, but the translation may
require updating frequently since  better translation, standardization will
keep coming. At the least this will true of Tamil translation. A lot more
work need to be done to make AOO easily usable by Tamil population.

My suggestion will be to provide a feature to update  the translation
automatically, periodically, so that the AOO-XX will be keep improving in
the background.

One more feature is also required for the AOO-XX.  When ever a translated
string appears as a pop up / warning / notification, that window shall have
a button ( Show original) . User shall be able to see the original English
text by clicking that button, and further options shall be available to
suggest improved translation.

V.Kadal Amutham

Re: Online update of AOO-XX

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
please continue your discussion on one list (I suggest dev)

Juergen

On 7/3/13 12:06 PM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> Oh, today I learned a new acronym bz = bugzilla
>
> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480
>

> On 3 July 2013 15:24, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 3 July 2013 11:12, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 that is a good idea, please make a bz issue (new feature request)
>> with a
>>> description.
>>>
>>> Can you send me the link so that I can make the suggestion?
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/index.cgi
>> (use your apache id).
>>
>> we use BZ for all open issues, if I see something that I will do later I
>> often make a BZ issue so others can see its a known issue.
>>
>> rgds
>> jan I.
>>

>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham
>>> 919444360480

Re: Online update of AOO-XX

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
please continue your discussion on one list (I suggest dev)

Juergen

On 7/3/13 12:06 PM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> Oh, today I learned a new acronym bz = bugzilla
>
> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480
>

> On 3 July 2013 15:24, janI <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 3 July 2013 11:12, Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 that is a good idea, please make a bz issue (new feature request)
>> with a
>>> description.
>>>
>>> Can you send me the link so that I can make the suggestion?
>>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/ooo/index.cgi
>> (use your apache id).
>>
>> we use BZ for all open issues, if I see something that I will do later I
>> often make a BZ issue so others can see its a known issue.
>>
>> rgds
>> jan I.
>>

>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham