Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Nicolas Gouteux <go...@jpmorgan.com> on 2000/12/18 10:36:07 UTC

SOAP & tight coupling

SOAP promotes loose coupling between applications.
However, the standard BeanSerializer does not seem to like missing or extraneous
fields in structures.
It seems like if we have the same tight coupling constraints as CORBA and RMI!
Would not it be great if some kind of versioning were built into SOAP whereby a
server with minor changes
could still serve clients with an older version, and major changes would imply
the redeployement of new clients.
How can one achieve this? Should I plug in my own 'Weak-Serializer'?
If anyone has ideas!...

regards
Ngx

do not necessarily reflect those of J.P. Morgan & Co. Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.