Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/24 22:42:40 UTC

A really hairy token graph case

Consider a case where we have a token which can be subdivided in
several ways. This can happen in German. We'd like to represent this
with positionIncrement/positionLength, but it does not seem possible.

Once the position has moved out from one set of 'subtokens', we see no
way to move it back for the second set of alternatives.

Is this something that was considered?

RE: A really hairy token graph case

Posted by Will Martin <wm...@gmail.com>.
Benson:  I'm in danger of trying to remember CPL's german decompounder and how we used it. That would be a very unreliable  memory.

However at the link below David and Rupert have a resoundingly informative discussion about making similar work for synonyms. It might bear reading through the kb info captured there.

https://github.com/OpenSextant/SolrTextTagger/issues/10

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.

Posted by Will Martin <wm...@gmail.com>.
HI Benson: