Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Lennard Fuller <lf...@unicon.net> on 2010/04/02 17:10:48 UTC

OpenCMIS rest client configuration information.

There appears to be a lot of development on the OpenCMIS codebase so I was thinking about giving it a spin over the weekend (am currently using the chemistry rest client).  Are there any instructions for configuring the openCMIS client?  Has it ever been used with any other repository besides Alfresco?  In particular, I am interested to hear if it has ever been used with nuxeo or jackrabbit.  Part of the reason for wanting to check it out is that the chemistry atompub client does not yet support createDocumentFromSource, whereas opencmis seems to have that implemented.

-Lennard

Re: OpenCMIS rest client configuration information.

Posted by Stephan Klevenz <st...@klaeff.de>.
Hi Lennard,

Thanks for your interest.

Please have a look at http://www.opencmis.org which will re-direct you to the OpenCMIS documentation entry page within the Chemistry wiki. You have a choice to use Provider API or Client API. For both you will find code samples about how to start using it.

We are testing OpenCMIS using various vendor repositories (OpenText, Alfresco, IBM, EMC ...). I cannot say that everything works fine because of several reasons. Starting with that not all repositories have implemented latest CMIS specification or do support the same feature set. If you discover issues related to OpenCMIS Client layer then feel free for providing feedback and we will try to provide fixes. Give it a try :-)

Regards,
Stephan

Posted by Lennard Fuller <lf...@unicon.net>.
Thanks for the info Florent!  Will likely use chemistry ws for createDocumentFromSource, if that works.

-Lennard

Posted by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com>.
The service createDocumentFromSource is outside of the scope of the
AtomPub bindings. The spec says:

3.1.9 Services not Exposed
[...]