Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Fang Wang <fa...@citrix.com> on 2013/08/02 08:36:09 UTC

How to clean deployed system vm on xen host

Hi,
I started running MS , host is xen hypervisor. After 2 system vms are up, there were issues. So I made changes in source code, rebuild, did deploydb to clean DB.
Now I am running ms again, but failed to bring up ssvm and cpvm, because of the existing old system vm from previous run.

I know for VMware host, I need to clean the old entry thru vcenter.  But not familiar with xen host, how do I clean and remove the old system vm on xen host? The proper way to do it? Is there a document or link?

Thanks,
-Fang

Sent from my iPhone

Re: How to clean deployed system vm on xen host

Posted by Wei ZHOU <us...@gmail.com>.
Fang,

You can use these commands on Xenserver/XCP

xe vm-list
xe vm-destroy uuid=<UUID of target VM>

For the opensource Xen, you can use

xm list
xm destroy <name/id of target VM >

-Wei

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On your xen host
$ xe vm-uninstall --force --multiple

And reconnect the MS again, it should kick in HA for systemVMs and
restart them.

--
Prasanna.,