Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Twan Munster <t....@emaxx.nl> on 2003/10/10 16:09:47 UTC

ssl client authentication again

Hello,

I've worked around with using apache+mod_ssl, but i'm running in several problems now so please can somebody help me with the next problem:

I've always used apache http server for client authenticatien with ssl. I've installed Tomcat now voor mij jsp's.
But I'm not able to get the ssl client authentication working. The problem is getting my existing certificates working in tomcat. Is apache http server it was very easy. I configured all the stuff in my httpd.conf.
I also tried to get tomcat working with keytool. But ther's something I do wrong. I alwas get "handshake error".

Can somebody please tell me how to use keytool. I've got the following certificates:

1 server.crt = server certificate
2 ca.crt = chain certificate
3 ca-bundle.crt = lots of certificates for client authentication
4 server.key = i really don't know how to get this one in keytool

Thnx

Twan Munster

Re: ssl client authentication again

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
The Tomcat 5 docs have an example for this:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

Since it's just about setting up the KeyStore, this section applies to
Tomcat 4 (or even Tomcat 3 :) as well.