Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Gollery <sg...@cadrc.calpoly.edu> on 2002/09/30 20:34:33 UTC

Apache 2 and Tomcat 4

I've been trying to set up Apache 2 to work with Tomcat 4 on NT but I'm
having problems finding documentation: everything refers to earlier
versions or to Linux (or both). Trying to follow the directions in
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html, I
can't get Tomcat to generate the mod_jk.conf file: Catalina.bat
apparently doesn't recognize the -jkconf (or jkconf) directive in Tomcat 4..

Meanwhile, http://www.pubbitch.org/jboss/mod_jk2.html is the closest I
can come to the versions I'm trying to use, but for Linux. I've tried to
follow these directions, but they mention libjkjni.so, which I can't
find for NT. Can someone point me to the location of this file, or tell
me how to build it? Or is there some other file that is the equivalent
on NT?

I'd really like to RTFM, but I can't find what I need. Any specific
advice would be appreciated. Or should I just stick with earlier
versions of Apache web server and Tomcat until docs are available?

Thanks,

Steven Gollery
sgollery@cadrc.calpoly.edu

Re: Apache 2 and Tomcat 4

Posted by "Kenny G. Dubuisson, Jr." <kd...@kcmria.com>.
Steven:

Even though I have now switched to Tomcat on Linux, I wrote these very
informal steps that I executed to get Tomcat up and running on NT.  I hope
this helps,
Kenny

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>