Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark Imel <mi...@imelshire.com> on 2003/02/04 22:57:27 UTC

Passing properties from ant targets

I'm trying to get a property that i set in a called ant target from the 'parent' ant target.
For example:

<target name="parent">
    <antcall target="child" />
    <echo message="${child.property}" />
</target>

<target name="child">
    <input message="Please enter property value" addproperty="child.property" />
</target>

In this example the echoed value is the "${child.property}", instead of the user input.

Any suggestions, or is this even possible?
Regards,
--Mark Imel

Re: Passing properties from ant targets

Posted by Mike Castle <da...@ix.netcom.com>.
In article <00...@netegrity.com>,
Mark Imel <an...@jakarta.apache.org> wrote:
>Any suggestions, or is this even possible?

Not possible directly.

Use the <propertyfile file="..."/> task in the called target to create
a property file, then use <property file="..."/> in the caller to load it.

mrc

--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/