Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Seb Kiureghian <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 18:23:57 UTC

What's everyone working on?

Hey dev@,

In the spirit of bringing more activity to the mailing lists and growing
the community, can everyone who is working on MXNet please share what
you're working on?

I'm working on
-Redesigning the website
<https://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/versions/master/index.html>.
-Setting up a forum for user support.

Seb Kiureghian

Re: What's everyone working on?

Posted by Dominic Divakaruni <do...@gmail.com>.
cool!! Sounds awesome.

Separately, Nvidia is working on Cuda 9 and Nvcc support in mxnet for the
V100 that is going to launch sometime this fall. Hoping mxnet will be the
first framework out there with a version that supports volta to its full
extent!

--

Dominic Divakaruni
206.475.9200 Cell

Re: What's everyone working on?

Posted by Tianqi Chen <tq...@cs.washington.edu>.

Posted by Joern Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,

Posted by Rahul Huilgol <ra...@gmail.com>.
Chao and I are working on compressing gradients to low bit precision (2bit
for now) to reduce communication costs and hence speedup training,
especially for distributed training. The idea is to retain the compression
error as residual and incorporate it into later iterations, so we don't see
much (or any?) loss in accuracy.

Regards,
Rahul

Posted by kellen sunderland <ke...@gmail.com>.