Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Aaron Zimmerman <az...@sproutsocial.com> on 2012/10/23 19:53:16 UTC

using with hadoop 2.x

Hi all,
  Is it possible to run HBase against Hadoop 2.x?  I see that this is coming standard in .96, but don't see any info about release schedules (currently .95 in dev, correct?).  Is there a way to build base .94 with the correct dependencies?

thanks,

Aaron Zimmerman

Re: using with hadoop 2.x

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
El 23/10/12 14:05, Jean-Marc Spaggiari escribió:
> Can we migrate from 1.1.x to 2.x just by changing the jars? Or should
> we also migrate the HDFS itself because it's not compatible?
I think tha there are a lot of major changes in HDFS between 1.1x and 2.x

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: using with hadoop 2.x

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Re: using with hadoop 2.x

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Re: using with hadoop 2.x

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
El 23/10/12 13:53, Aaron Zimmerman escribió:
> Hi all,
>    Is it possible to run HBase against Hadoop 2.x?  I see that this is coming standard in .96, but don't see any info about release schedules (currently .95 in dev, correct?).  Is there a way to build base .94 with the correct dependencies?
Remember that the Hadoop 2.x series is not ready for production yet.
You can use it with 0.96 but it's not recommended.
The stable version of HBase is 0.94.2