Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jared Blitzstein <ma...@blitzstein.net> on 2007/08/14 20:40:31 UTC

Publishing to Tomcat from Eclipse, my filtered files aren't being filtered

I have a few configuration files that need to be filtered when run.
When I run in jetty or build a war for deployment, they are filtered
correctly. But when I deploy to tomcat from eclipse, they are not. Is
there a way I can make sure eclipse publishes / tomcat uses a
filtered set of values for those files?

Re: Publishing to Tomcat from Eclipse, my filtered files aren't being filtered

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Adam Hardy on 15/08/07 20:42, wrote:
> Jared Blitzstein on 14/08/07 19:40, wrote:
>> I have a few configuration files that need to be filtered when run.
>> When I run in jetty or build a war for deployment, they are filtered
>> correctly. But when I deploy to tomcat from eclipse, they are not. Is
>> there a way I can make sure eclipse publishes / tomcat uses a filtered
>> set of values for those files?
>
> You could try the m2eclipse plugin. I am having issues with it at the
> moment and slowly learning how WST/WTP, Tomcat and m2eclipse interact,
> so I won't say it can do that yet, but I suspect it can or at least may
> in the near future.

In fact check out m2eclipse mailing list:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.eclipse.plugins.m2eclipse.user/66

Re: Publishing to Tomcat from Eclipse, my filtered files aren't being filtered

Posted by Jared Blitzstein <ma...@blitzstein.net>.
I do have that plugin installed, anything specific I should look at?
The general workflow I follow is to do my coding in eclipse, do a
"mvn compile" in a terminal window, at that point either do "mvn
jetty:run" if I only want to run that app or go back to eclipse,
refresh that project and start up tomcat from WTP. I'm guessing there
needs to be some type of process that happens before I start tomcat
that allows maven to setup a "staging" area (I'm guessing 'target'),
then publish that off to tomcat. I thought it already did that, but
apparently not. Any thoughts?

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.