Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/21 12:50:10 UTC

Re: [mojo-dev] license-maven-plugin: how does the third party descriptor business work?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM, Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> wrote:

>> However, you really cannot retroactively deploy an attached artifact
>> for a project, ...
>

> I think you can, but could differ between mrm. If it's a good thing is a
> different topic.

I don't see how it can work well. There's only one POM for a g/a/v.
So, if you are adding a 'classified artifact' later, it has to climb
on board. I know that Nexus hates this, and I think Nexus is sensible
in this respect.

I'm thinking that some other naming convention is appropriate, but I'm
going to cross this onto the maven dev list. Folks, what do you think:
if G:A:V is deployed, is it sensible for some other plugin to want to
deploy G:A:V:T:C to add metadata?

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
it complains if redeploy is not enabled.

On Dec 21, 2012, at 8:32 AM, Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net> wrote:

No, not adding any metadata. But it could always deploy the attached
artifact, without updating the pom. Don't think Nexus will complain about
that.

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.