Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Moriarty <pm...@annadaletech.com> on 2010/04/26 16:36:05 UTC

Re: Customize Label presentation at BeanEditForm based on it's validations

Hi,

Looks like this was not fixed in 5.0.16 as Howard asserts in
TAP5-328<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-328>.
 I confirmed the problem is present in 5.0.16, 5.1.0.5 and 5.2.0-SNAPSHOT.

I somewhat agree with Howard's preference with respect to the patch but
would appreciate an alternative solution.  For now, I may have to apply the
patch.

Regards,

Paudi

Re: Emailing Application Errors

Posted by Jeshurun Daniel <sj...@yahoo.ca>.
Great I'll look into it. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Posted by Michael Prescott <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeshurun Daniel <sj...@yahoo.ca>.
Thanks that worked!

> Is there a way to configure Tapestry to automatically email error reports when an application error occurs? I used python's django framework previously and it can be configured to automatically email errors to predefined email addresses, and it comes in handy to fixing bugs quickly. Is such a configuration possible in tapestry? Or can it be achieved by configuring Log4j? I'm sorry if I am being noobish here, I'm new to tapestry and any help would be appreciated.

Not out of the box, but it's relatively easy. Create an error page as explained in http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1/cookbook/exceptions.html and send an email in reportException(Throwable exception) using JavaMail.

Thiago

Re: Emailing Application Errors

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeshurun Daniel <sj...@yahoo.ca>.