Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/02/13 08:49:10 UTC

Config syntax for Poolable?

Hi all...

Can anyone point me to anything that might document the config syntax
for Poolable?  How do you specify what the min/max number of objects a
Pool should hold?  What needs to be done other than using the Poolable
marker interface?

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: Config syntax for Poolable?

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.
Just committed this.  Please see the PoolableComponentHandler javadocs
for details.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.

Posted by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>.

Posted by Leif Mortenson <le...@silveregg.co.jp>.
Mark Woon wrote:

>Can anyone point me to anything that might document the config syntax
>for Poolable?  How do you specify what the min/max number of objects a
>Pool should hold?  What needs to be done other than using the Poolable
>marker interface?

If your component implements Poolable, this is as simple as adding the
following attributes to your component definition:

    <mycomponent pool-min="1" pool-max="10" pool-grow="1">
        <dbpool>my-db</dbpool>
    </mycomponent>

Cheers,
Leif