Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by th...@ficoh.com on 2005/09/09 23:25:09 UTC

1.2 - no serializers anymore?

I just looked at Axis 1.2.

Two observations:

A.

In previous versions, there was always a serializer (and helper) class for
each type, that seems to be gone now.

Less code is always better, but was there a reason for this?

B.

Using previous AXIS versions (and Websphere's SOAP implementation), the soap
serializer never cared about minOccurs and nillable fields, but Axis 1.2 is
more strict it seems.

For example: if I have

<xsd:complexType name="Person">
  <xsd:all>
    <xsd:element name="address" type="Address" minOccurs="1"/>
  </xsd:all>
</xsd:complexType>

as a client, I use the java type Person

Person p = new Person();

but I don't set address, and send it off to the service, Axis complains
about Address not being nillable.

This isn't enforced in java as of now, so the object is OK, but the
resulting XML isn't.

This worked in previous Axis versions, so I guess it was more lax. Can I
turn off this warning? I know I'm violating the schema, but have legacy code
here.

/Thomas

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely
for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any
attachments is strictly prohibited.

Re: 1.2 - no serializers anymore?

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Can you modify the schema?