Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by David Newcomb <da...@bigsoft.co.uk> on 2009/01/22 15:46:46 UTC

[activemq-users] Mailing list subject

I just signed up to the ActiveMQ mailing list and the mails
are streaming in nicely. Hello Every one!

Dose anyone know who the list administrator is?

Please can the administrator change the list mailer to
alter the subject line so that it is clearer which list
the emails are coming from.

I am signed up to about 6 mailing lists and it is much
easier to set up the filters in my mail client if they
have a standard subject that I can filter on. Otherwise
I have to spend ages doing it by hand.

Can I suggest:

   [activemq-users] - User List
   [activemq-dev] - Developer List
   [activemq-scm] - SCM List

so if the subject is:
     "Can't start connection factory"
the mailer changes it to:
     "[activemq-users] Can't start connection factory"

Many thank,
David
---------------------------------------
Managing Director
+44 (0) 7866 262 398
BigSoft Limited
Reading, UK
http://www.bigsoft.co.uk/
Registered in Cardiff, Wales 3960621

Re: [activemq-users] Mailing list subject

Posted by David Newcomb <da...@bigsoft.co.uk>.
Fair enough. All my list mail goes into one folder, which
means I can't visually separate emails from different lists.
I can, but only by thinking that subjects without markers
belong to ActiveMQ. Hope I don't end up on any other lists
that don't add markers - then I'm into having to have separate
folders - which means more checking.

Anyway thanks, for the reply.
Regards,
David.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/

Re: [activemq-users] Mailing list subject

Posted by David Newcomb <da...@bigsoft.co.uk>.
Sorry, I don't understand.

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM, David Newcomb
> <da...@bigsoft.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I just signed up to the ActiveMQ mailing list and the mails
>> are streaming in nicely. Hello Every one!
>>
>> Dose anyone know who the list administrator is?
>>
>> Please can the administrator change the list mailer to
>> alter the subject line so that it is clearer which list
>> the emails are coming from.
>>
>> I am signed up to about 6 mailing lists and it is much
>> easier to set up the filters in my mail client if they
>> have a standard subject that I can filter on. Otherwise
>> I have to spend ages doing it by hand.
>>
>> Can I suggest:
>>
>>  [activemq-users] - User List
>>  [activemq-dev] - Developer List
>>  [activemq-scm] - SCM List
>>
>> so if the subject is:
>>    "Can't start connection factory"
>> the mailer changes it to:
>>    "[activemq-users] Can't start connection factory"
>
> I'm not the list administrator, just making a suggestion. Most
> everyone filters the messages using the to: field because it's unique
> to each list.
>
> Bruce
> --
> perl -e 'print