Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Andrew Sasak <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 17:58:50 UTC

svnrdump fails when access control restrictions are in place

svnrdump fails when access control restrictions are in place on the
server and the --incremental option is not used. The message returned
is "authorization failed". This does not occur when the --incremental
option occurs. The svnrdump command is version 1.7.2.

Re: svnrdump fails when access control restrictions are in place

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Andrew Sasak wrote on Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 16:53:14 -0400:
> When --incremental is used, dump records all changes that the user has
> access to. When --incremental is used, I think dump should dump the
> whole tree that the user has access to. I can imagine that this would
> be a non-trivial change for an uncommon use case.

What do you expect to happen in the following use-case:

1. the sync source URL is the repos root

2. the following authz file applies:

 [/]
 * =
 [/A/B]