Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Årun.Ñ" <ar...@eximsoft.com> on 2002/01/02 05:54:51 UTC

RequestDispatchers in xsp

Hi,
        Is there any way to use request dispatchers in my xsp page. I am
using cocoon 2 and there is a problem with the cocoons wrapper classes for
request .... to get the requestDispatcher. I cannot use the redirect
approach as there are lot of disadvantages of that like,  it is a client
pull another hit to server, network traffic, as it becomes a second request
i will not be able to get the parameters with the previous request etc ....

right now i have added a method in HttpRequest and HttpResponse and am using
the dispatcher.. will it give me any problem in future.. ????
nobody in the userlist bothered to answer ... can any of u here please throw
some light on this.

javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher rd =
((org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpRequest)request).getRequestDispatch
er("hello.xml");
rd.forward(((org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpRequest)request).getHttp
ServletRequest(),((org.apache.cocoon.environment.http.HttpResponse)response)
.getHttpServletResponse());

thankx in advance
Arun.N