Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexandre Leray <ne...@alexandreleray.com> on 2008/02/06 23:31:37 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] still this strange error...

"In some cases, this error can also be caused by special file-systems
that return unexpected errors on attempted directory access. For
example, some file-systems allow files to be treated as directories in
certain cases. If httpd believes that a file is actually a directory, it
will try to look inside for an .htaccess file. If it gets a permission
denied error in return, it will deny access. This type of situation is
usually a faulty file-system behavior and cannot be fixed within Apache.
In this case your only choice is to turn off .htaccess processing as in
the first solution above."

Thanks for your responses. I think this is my case. My htdocs folders
are on a HFSPLUS partition. I'm going to turn of .htaccess directives,
as it's a devellopment server.

Best ! ;-)

Posted by Alexandre Leray <ne...@alexandreleray.com>.
Sorry for over-posting, but I wanted to thanks Joshua and Tony again:
It's working!