Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jay Glanville <di...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/08/24 15:31:14 UTC

How do I prevent Ant from scanning a directory?

I know the title is overly simplistic, but I need something more then just
<exclude .../>.

The problem is this:  I have a clear case vob NFS mounted.  One of the
directories under this vob I don't have read access to, but I can see the
existence of the directory.  For the code samples below, the directory is
v:\com\nortel\spiff.

A snippet of my build.xml file looks like this:
    <javac
        srcdir="${src.dir}"
        destdir="${build.classes}"
        debug="on"
        target="1.1">
      <include name="**/*.java"/>
      <exclude name="com/nortel/spiff"/>

I have also tried to use a file pattern instead of a directory name (i.e.:
<exclude name="com/nortel/spiff/**"/>)

However, whenever I run Ant, I get the following error:
    build.xml:30: IO error scanning directoryV:\com\nortel\spiff\build

Yes, this is an error, but I told Ant not to go there.

I am using the nightly loadbuild for 24 Aug 2000.

Any suggestions?

-----
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
MS: 045/55/A05
E-Mail: dickon@nortelnetworks.com