Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2017/03/24 00:19:02 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.10 released

The Apache Phoenix team is pleased to announce the immediate availability
of the 4.10.0 release. Apache Phoenix enables SQL-based OLTP and
operational analytics for Hadoop using Apache HBase as its backing store
and providing integration with other projects in the ecosystem such as
Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce. The 4.x releases are compatible
with HBase 0.98/1.1/1.2.

Highlights of the release include:

* Reduce on disk footprint through column encoding and optimized storage
format for write-once data [1]
* Support Apache Spark 2.0 in Phoenix/Spark integration [2]
* Consume Apache Kafka messages through Phoenix [3]
* Improve UPSERT SELECT performance by distributing execution across
cluster [4]
* Improve Hive integration [5]
* 40+ bug fixes [6]

Source and binary downloads are available here [7].

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/phoenix/entry/column-mapping-and-immutable-data
[2] https://phoenix.apache.org/phoenix_spark.html
[3] https://phoenix.apache.org/kafka.html
[4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3271
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-3346
[6]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315120&amp;version=12338126
[7] http://phoenix.apache.org/download.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.10 released

Posted by Alok Singh <al...@cloudability.com>.
I just migrated a large production cluster from 4.7 (Hbase 1.1.2, Hadoop
2.7) to the 4.10 (HBase 1.2.5, Hadoop 2.8.0). The process was very smooth
and we have seen a significant improvement in performance.

Thanks to the Apache Phoenix team for the hard work they have put in
towards this release.

Alok

alok@cloudability.com

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for information! James.

~Anil

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Phoenix 4.10 released

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Anil,

Posted by anil gupta <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,