Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2015/08/10 22:31:45 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Use 2 pom.xml files with different names

On 11 Aug 2015, at 3:25, Alex Ditu wrote:

> No, but is irrelevant, because the search on the install phase is purely
> based on the name pom.xml (it dosent take into account the -f option, or
> the pom's content). later I will look into the sources for a better
> understanding.

So the root cause here is that the maven-install-plugin ( and possibly, the maven-deploy-plugin ) need someway of knowing to use this alternate pom.xml instead of the normal one.

Is that configurable at all? At a long shot, can use of the build-helper-plugin "replace" the pom.xml artifact in the build?

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net