Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Bathje <mp...@ntsource.com> on 2003/12/16 18:24:56 UTC

entity includes in tile-defs.xml

Hi all. Using XML entities, with this as a guide:

http://www.mail-archive.com/struts-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg13197.html

I was able to get my struts-config file broken up into multiple files.

I am attempting the same thing on my tile-defs.xml file, and when I do it, I
get the following error:

12/16/03 10:56:55 AMERROR org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin init - Can't
create Tiles definition factory for module ''.
ServletInitError: javax.servlet.ServletException: IO Error while parsing
file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs-admin.xml'.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml (The system cannot find the
file specified)

So, just to be stupid, I put the full path to the file in the XML enitity
declaration, and that makes it work - but I don't want to have to hard code
that path in.

Here is what works in struts-config:
<!ENTITY kurt-actionmappings SYSTEM "kurt-admin-actionmappings.xml">

Here is what DOESN'T work in tiles-defs:
<!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM "kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

Here is what DOES work in tiles-defs:
<!ENTITY kurt-tiledefs SYSTEM
"C:\Inetpub_Tomcat\rsg_java\struts\pub\WEB-INF\kurt-admin-tilesdefs.xml">

Any ideas what is going on? Is this something wrong with my XML? A bug in
Struts? Or in the XML parser?

I haven't found anything mentioning this, and the apache bug db appears to
be down right now so I can't check it.

Thanks,
Matt Bathje