Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Torsten Bergh Moss <to...@ig.ntnu.no> on 2019/09/23 16:16:12 UTC

UDF AsterixDB

Hi again!

First of all I want to make you aware that your replies to my emails have been sent to dev@asterixdb.apache.org and not to myself, it would be awesome if they could be sent directly to me!

Secondly, thank you for being patient with me, I appreciate it!

I have successfully built a test-UDF using the template provided, and successfully installed it using the Ansible-scripts, however, my AsterixDB instance can't seem to be aware of it, as I get a "function is not defined"-error when trying to use it, and?

SELECT * FROM Metadata.`Function`;

returns nothing.

I can find the jar file and the library_descriptor.xml file inside of? lib/udfs/{dataverse}/{library} so I know at least something went correctly. Is there any way to further debug what is missing for Asterix to pick up on the functions?

Thanks!

Best wishes,
Torsten Bergh Moss

UDF AsterixDB