Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Güray Sen <se...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/03/22 03:05:08 UTC

James & Mailman

Hullo everyone,

Has anyone got Mailman to work with James? I seem to be running into a
configuration problem. After creating a list Test, Mailman tells me to
setup the following aliases:

## test mailing list
## created: 21-Mar-2003 root
test:                    "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:              "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:            "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:              test-admin

Easy enough if you are using sendmail, because you can just copy&paste
the above into /etc/aliases and run "newaliases". What about James? I
can create aliases with the Remote Administrator, but I don't think
James supports the piping construct.

Any idea's appreciated.

RE: James & Mailman

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
If you wanted to use mailman *and* james I would suggest you use sendmail to forward outgoing mail into James, and james to forward incoming mail to sendmail..

James isn't designed to replace sendmail in this local role, it has no commandline "mail" ability, and no facility to pipe output to and recieve piped input from other processes.

d.