Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Eduardo Afonso Ferreira <ea...@yahoo.com> on 2012/08/17 17:28:47 UTC

How can an oozie coordinator app reload coordinator.xml and workflow.xml?

Hi there,

Is there a way for oozie to reload the config files (coordinator.xml, workflow.xml) after it has been submitted, it's running or in whatever state?

Thank you.
Eduardo.

Re: How can an oozie coordinator app reload coordinator.xml and workflow.xml?

Posted by Eduardo Afonso Ferreira <ea...@yahoo.com>.
Hey, Mohammad,

I'm doing a lot of changes to my coordinators and there are some properties I thought had to or could be defined at the coordinator level and due to having to change them frequently I thought it would be nice if I could just notify oozie to reload their settings.

But I think it's not a big deal, once my coordinators are stabilized, i.e. I will not need to do many changes to settings anymore, there will be no need for that. And I can always kill the coordinator jobs and submit new ones with the new settings.

Some of the properties I had initially added to the coordinator, are actually related to the workflows, so I just moved them to the workflow.xml files and I figure out that once you push the new workflow files to HDFS, they get picked up by oozie the next time jobs are materialized or started.

I have been using the -change option frequently to modify concurrency depending on load.

Thank you for the quick response.
Eduardo.