Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nithya Prakash <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 13:07:42 UTC

Regarding the timers !!!!

Hi Everyone

I have a scenario where i need to give a 5 sec delay between each request.
Say i have 10 threads(each thread for one user). He logs in and create a
project and a solution. I need to have a delay of 5 sec between each HTTP
request of each thread(as if the user is viewing the page for 5 secs and
proceeds to the next page). So which timer is to be used for my case ??

Thanks in Advance
--
Nithya Prakash.L

Re: Regarding the timers !!!!

Posted by srinu1710 <bu...@gmail.com>.
User constant timer, add a child to reach page POST.

If you add the Constant timer to your thread group at last http request, it
was applicable to all the  requests above it.

Re: Regarding the timers !!!!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 6 October 2010 06:34, kblearner <sa...@citi.com> wrote:

> Hey,
> You can use either the Constant timer or Random timer.  However, while
> adding timer as child to a HTTP request, make sure to cross verify that the
> wait time isn't added to the sample time of the HTTP request itself.

Timers are never added to the sample request time. They occur before
the sample starts.

However, if several samples and timers are aggregated in a
Transaction, then of course the overall time will include the timers.

> You can verify this in the Listener.

No need.

> Instead of constant timer, I would recommend using Random timer with a range
> of values, since in real time all users don't have the same wait / delay
> time between actions.

Agreed.

Re: Regarding the timers !!!!

Posted by kblearner <sa...@citi.com>.
Hey,
You can use either the Constant timer or Random timer.  However, while
adding timer as child to a HTTP request, make sure to cross verify that the
wait time isn't added to the sample time of the HTTP request itself.  You