Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Ford, Richard" <rf...@cenetec.com> on 2001/10/25 15:23:56 UTC

SOLUTION Re: Newbie Question: method forName not found

Turns out to be a java version problem -

[root@localhost stockquote]# /usr/local/jdk118_v3/bin/java -version
java version "1.1.8"

When I upgraded to 1.3.1, everything worked fine first time. However, at
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html, the version requirement is
Java 1.1 or higher. Is there a way to fix the doc's, or *should* the
system still work with jdk118?

Richard