Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/02/07 19:47:31 UTC

VMware vNetwork Distributed Virtual Switch testing on 4.0 branch

Sateesh and Koushik,

Is there any reason in your opinion this could would not work on 4.0 branch? I'm not proposing to port or merge this feature into 4.0 - as it probably will go against our release rules of adding major features.

Reason I'm asking, I have issues with creating adding a vmware cluster into 4.1 (via GUI). I will document what those issues are, but in the meantime to speed up the testing, I was curious if I can just pull the patches and try them on stable 4.0 code?

I will also try to add vmware cluster via  cloudmonkey to bypass the possible GUI issues (if GUI is indeed the reason for my issues).

Thanks
-ilya

PS: To be completely honest, I would love just this feature ported over to 4.0.2 - as we have no use for other great features of 4.1 just yet and happy with what 4.0 has to offer. But I don't want to be the one breaking the release rules, so I may just do it for my environment.