Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Leon Torres <le...@oss.minimetria.com> on 2007/01/17 20:07:47 UTC

What's the diff between DataResourceType URL_RESOURCE and LINK?

Hi folks,

I just noticed that there are two DataResourceTypes, URL_RESOURCE (URL Resource)
and LINK (Hyperlink).  Does anyone know the difference, or is this a redundancy?

- Leon

Re: What's the diff between DataResourceType URL_RESOURCE and LINK?

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
A URL_RESOURCE is just a way to point to something at an arbitrary
location using a URL. The URL could use whatever protocol, http or
file or ftp or whatever.

The LINK type is for actual link text that would be put into wherever
it is used, and not the resource at the link location.

-David