Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ja...@rzf.fin-nrw.de on 2005/08/15 14:01:05 UTC

AW: xslt exception

I would guess, that your xsl stylesheet is not valid.
For quick checks I use a browser (it´s integrated xslt):
- copy your xml
- insert a reference to your stylesheet
  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="yourStylesheet.xsl"?>
- open the xml in the browser

Usually it gives you a more meaningful message.
You could also open the stylesheet in the browser - that checks whether your stylesheet is valid xml.

Jan

Re: AW: xslt exception

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
>>[xslt] Loading stylesheet
>>/home/ron1/workspace/Portal/tools/properties/properties.xsl
>>
>>[xslt] : Error! Error checking type of the expression
>>'com.sun.org.apache.xalan.internal.xsltc.compiler.ApplyTemplate
>>s@b2fd8f'.

You might want to drop a xalan jar in you ant/lib dir so you can use
xalan interpretive rather than the buggy XSLTC (you are using jdk1.5
which only contains XSLTC now). Of course, you can run you transform
from the commandline or some gui tool to get more descriptive error
messages.

best,
-Rob