Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by chinchu chinchu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/23 16:28:23 UTC

Open Source Schema Registry

Hi folks,
We are looking  to use  open source schema registry with apache kafka 1.0.1
and avro. *Do we need to write a serialzer/deserialzier  similar to
confluent's KafkAvroSerializer to achieve this ?*.Our schemas are large ,so
one of the reason that  we are looking to use the registry is to decrease
the  payload with every record. The consumers at any point in time will
know what the schema is for each topic ,because they are all internal to my
team so that is some thing that we can work around for now.

Thanks,
Chinchu

Re: Open Source Schema Registry

Posted by Peter Bukowinski <pm...@gmail.com>.