Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Damian O'Neill <da...@aepona.com> on 2005/06/08 18:19:23 UTC

Web Service Server design

Hi I am hoping you can help with a question.  I am looking to embed a
simple SOAP Server inside a java GUI, it needs to support no more
than 3 web service implementations with approx. 4 methods on each
interface.  It will have a small no of transactions per second and
does not have any scalability requirements.

I understand that Axis has/had a SOAP Server does anyone have any
code examples that they could share.  Alternatively could you
recommend another strategy that would suit my requirements.

Regards,
Damian O'Neill.

Re: Web Service Server design

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
SimpleAxisServer is routinely used in axis test harness. The target
"start-functional-test-http-server" in targets.xml uses the following
ant syntax to start the SimpleAxisServer.

    <echo message="Starting test http server."/>
    <java classname="org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer"
fork="yes" dir="${axis.home}/build">
        <jvmarg
value="-Daxis.wsdlgen.intfnamespace=http://localhost:${test.functional.ServicePort}"/>
        <jvmarg
value="-Daxis.wsdlgen.serv.loc.url=http://localhost:${test.functional.ServicePort}"/>
        <arg line="-p ${test.functional.SimpleAxisPort}" />  <!--
arbitrary port -->
      <classpath refid="classpath" />
    </java>

- venkat