Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mateusz Szczap <ma...@ncdc.pl> on 2002/12/26 23:33:56 UTC

Problem w MBean

I have a one question. Lets imagine we have an WebServer which is a Avalon
Service managed by Phoenix.

We export

public interface WebMBean{
    void setPort(int port);
    int getPort();
}

Of course our compoenent implements this bean

Of the other hand we have configuration in which we store the port of the
server.

Now Server starts. Default port is read from config. We manager server and
invoke it's setPort().

The port changes. But after we shutdown phoenix. We cannot make this change
persistent because

Configuration object is not writeable.

How could I workaround this.

Mateusz Szczap
mati@ncdc.pl

Re: Problem w MBean

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Mateusz,

>I have a one question. Lets imagine we have an WebServer which is a Avalon
>Service managed by Phoenix.
>
>We export
>
>public interface WebMBean{
>    void setPort(int port);
>    int getPort();
>}
>
>Of course our compoenent implements this bean
>
>Of the other hand we have configuration in which we store the port of the
>server.
>
>Now Server starts. Default port is read from config. We manager server and
>invoke it's setPort().
>
>The port changes. But after we shutdown phoenix. We cannot make this change
>persistent because
>
>Configuration object is not writeable.
>
>How could I workaround this.

You'll have to serialize some object that is loaded (if present) after
configure() is processed.

We hae been asked to look at a changable configuration design a few
times before.  We might come up with a secure design on year soon.

- Paul