Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/02/01 17:39:42 UTC

Recent Surefire Changes?

I have had a build running successfully for quite some time.  But,
today it seems as if my test cases are failing for some reason.  I did
notice a bit of a change in the build output.  When mvn gets ready to
run the tests, it now prints out "Running TestSuite" and it didn't do
that before when the builds succeeded (I checked the build logs).  Has
something changed very recently w.r.t. testing in Maven?

Re: Recent Surefire Changes?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Also, I'm not getting individual surefire report files.  I'm getting a
TestSuite.txt file.  That's different too.

Re: Recent Surefire Changes?

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On 2/1/08, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How recent is "very"? Surefire 2.4 was pushed out on Jan 14, 2008.
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/2.4/
>
> Do you have plugin versions "locked down" using
> <version>[1.2.3]</version> or not? If not, you might want to consider
> it to avoid unknown upgrades affecting your otherwise stable build.

I did have my versions locked down to version 2.3.  Also, I set up a
new instance of Artifactory yesterday, so that might have something to
do with it also.  Did the 2.4 version introduce the "Running
TestSuite" and the TestSuite.txt changes?

Re: Recent Surefire Changes?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.