Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Howard Gonzalez <Ho...@careerbuilder.com> on 2020/09/21 15:23:20 UTC

Using Autoscaling Simulation Framework to simulate a lost node in a cluster

Hello folks, has anyone tried to use the autoscaling simulation framework to simulate a lost node in a solr cluster? I was trying to do the following:

1.- Take a current production cluster state snapshout using bin/solr autoscaling -save
2.- Modify the clusterstate and livenodes json files in the generated folder to delete one of the nodes and its related replicas.
3.- Modify the clusterstate and livenodes json files in the generated folder to create a new empty node in the cluster.
4.- Run simulations playing with different policies and trigger waitFor values when adding a new node in the cluster replacing the lost one to see if the rules and triggers behave as expected.

But I was wondering, is this something supported by the framework?. Or if there's a better approach to simulate this?

Thanks in advance for any guidance/tips.