Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org> on 2018/07/02 18:48:49 UTC

Re: RE: Adding widget in guacamole

On 2018/06/19 10:15:16, "Asbern" <as...@trainocate.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> As per your guidelines and the document you suggested we have created a new extension file and also placed .jar file in GUACAMOLE_HOME (usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/extensions) but we don’t see any difference in Login page, we did check the logs to the extension is not loaded

If you look at the Tomcat logs, you will see an error message from Guacamole like:

"Extension "generic-customize-extension.jar" could not be loaded: Extension generic-customize-extension.jar is missing guac-manifest.json"

This is because your extension has its "guac-manifest.json" nested within a directory. This is not the format used by Guacamole extensions. The "guac-manifest.json" should be at the root level of the .jar. See:

http://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-ext.html#ext-file-format

Your "guac-manifest.json" is also invalid JSON. If you correct the extension such that is has the correct structure as documented above, you will see a new error in your Tomcat logs after Tomcat is restarted:

"Extension "generic-customize-extension.jar" could not be loaded: guac-manifest.json is not valid JSON: generic-customize-extension.jar"

This is due to the trailing comma at the end of the body of the main object within the JSON.

> FYI, I have attached the .jar file, kindly takes a look into it.

Going forward, if you want to post a .jar file, it would be better to host that .jar elsewhere and link to it within your email. In my case, the email was blocked due to the .jar attachment. I'm probably not the only one.

- Mike