Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/09 17:50:24 UTC

Re: Site-Book: mvn site never completes [MASTER BROKEN?]

So, is the build considered broken or what?

On May 9, 2017 at 11:34:23, Justin Leet (justinjleet@gmail.com) wrote:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/blob/716bda326f26b60c98318cdc1cc949b351a0b71a/metron-interface/metron-rest/README.md
appears to be the problem. I can run the site successfully on the commit
before, and this commit hangs.

Just glancing through, the file appears fine on Github, but there might be
an issue with the rendering the docs. I'm not really familiar enough with
what's going on under the hood to know what the problem is, and I'd have to
dig in more to have an informed opinion.

Can someone double check me that 716bda32 fails and 38d26d43 succeeds?

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I also did a >git checkout -b test-site apache/master
> same issue.
>

> On May 9, 2017 at 11:09:32, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am running mvn site for the site book, but it never completes. I am not
> sure if there is anything I can do to trouble shoot this?
> I took master into my branch this morning.
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.4:site (default-site) @ site-book ---
> [INFO] Relativizing decoration links with respect to project URL:
> https://metron.apache.org/
> [INFO] Rendering site with
org.apache.maven.skins:maven-fluido-skin:jar:1.3.0

Posted by Justin Leet <ju...@gmail.com>.
I'd argue it is. People can't validate at least some PRs, since if there's
doc changes, they can't make sure docs are good.

Sidenote, we could pretty easily loop the site into the Travis build to
avoid this type of thing.  I'd probably like to avoid building the javadocs
as part of that (if only because of the time involved).  We should be able
to use maven.javadoc.skip to do that, but I'd have to test it first.