Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2019/04/23 19:43:18 UTC

[VOTE] Retire Maven Repository Plugin

Hi,

The Apache Maven project consist of about 100 (sub)projects. Due to the small number of volunteers and the huge amount of code to maintain we're missing enough space to make real progress on all these projects, including our ambitious ideas for the next major version(s) of Maven itself.
To be able to gain more focus we need to criticize the current subprojects and decide if it is worth maintaining.

One of those subprojects is the maven-repository-plugin, last released on February 22, 2015. It's main purpose: a plugin that can be used to create bundles of artifacts that can be uploaded to the central repository.
Based on that it seems that the maven-assembly-plugin is a better fit for that.

I therefore propose that we retire the maven-repository-plugin.

I don't think it makes sense to do a final release. Instead we should update the documentation and the freeze the codebase.

The process for retiring a plugin is described here:
https://maven.apache.org/developers/retirement-plan-plugins.html

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...

Re: [VOTE] Retire Maven Repository Plugin

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

+1 from me.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Maven Repository Plugin

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The vote has passed with the following result:

+1: Anders Hammar, Karl Heinz Marbaise, Manfred Moser, Hervé BOUTEMY, Bernd Prager , Sylwester Lachiewicz, Robert Scholte

PMC quorem: reached

I will continue with the steps required to retire this plugin.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
+1

/Anders (mobile)

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

Posted by gaurav <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by gaurav <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
+1

Posted by Sylwester Lachiewicz <sl...@gmail.com>.
+1
good to refresh site

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
+1

RE: EXTERNAL: [VOTE] Retire Maven Repository Plugin

Posted by "Marlow, Andrew" <An...@fisglobal.com.INVALID>.
+1

[...]

https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmaven.apache.org%2Fdevelopers%2Fretirement-plan-plugins.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CAndrew.Marlow%40fisglobal.com%7C5e461199d6a34010a67808d6c823f72e%7Ce3ff91d834c84b15a0b418910a6ac575%7C0%7C0%7C636916454127245909&amp;sdata=eSj%2BHSXpB2KYAUGSmRe9yrps%2BdL6rByWX4x9TQ22WJY%3D&amp;reserved=0

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Yes, it's about time
[ ] -1 No, because...
The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and review by persons other than the intended recipient. FIS is a trading name of the following companies: Fidelity Information Services Ltd (registered in England No.02225203), FIS Payments (UK) Ltd (No.04215488), FIS Asiapacrim Holdings Ltd (No.06707320), Certegy Card Services Ltd (No.03517639) and Efunds International Ltd (No.01930117), all with their registered office at Floor 1, 51/53 Hagley Road, Birmingham B16 8TU, United Kingdom; and FIS Payments (Ireland) Ltd (registered in Ireland No.126879), with its registered office at 25/28 North Wall Quay, Dublin 1, D01 H104, Ireland. FIS Payments (UK) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority; some services are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (in the UK). Calls to and from the companies may be recorded for quality purposes. All of the above companies are part of FIS (Fidelity National Information Services Inc.).

[RESULT] [VOTE] Retire Maven Repository Plugin

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
+1

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
+1