Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rakesh Kushwaha <ku...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/01 13:11:20 UTC

Question on Composite Type Notation in AMQP 1.0

Hi ,

AMQP 1.0 defines below elements for defining Composite type filed Notation
.

name
Type
requires
default
label
mandatory
multiple

I have question on <Type> where AMQP says it can be specific type or '*' .
I want to know what is meaning of * . does this includes all amqp types ,
primitive types and composite types which amqp defines or any of primitives
types??

Regards,
Rakesh

Re: Question on Composite Type Notation in AMQP 1.0

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
It means all types including described types, subject to any further
restriction implied by the requires field (i.e. a field can be type="*" but
requires="foo", in which case the value can only be of a type which has
provides="foo")

-- Rob