Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@apache.org> on 2017/04/14 16:04:18 UTC

Discontinue Scalar in Ignite-2.0?

There were no commits for TWO years in ignite-scalar module.
Our java API is good, no need for any wrappers (IMHO).

Also we even do not use it by ourselves in Visor CMD.

Thoughts?

--
Alexey Kuznetsov

Re: Discontinue Scalar in Ignite-2.0?

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Sergi takes a lead in the chart of “let’s drop it in 2.0” :))

In general, I would support Nikita here suggesting to deprecate the module first. It’s fine to remove some APIs methods in 2.0 but a deletion of the whole module might be not a good decision.

—
Denis

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.
May be drop it in 2.0 then?