Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by rohit dholakia <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/22 16:37:43 UTC

Field method problems in first lucene program

Hi,

     I am writing my first lucene program and  following the 1st
edition of lucene in action book and the blog article by grant on the
lucid imagination blog . Now,if i am using the doc.add(field.text())
method with arguments,it says,cant resolve ..
  If i follow the blog,it is asking for an extra argument(i am using
just three as i am wondering what the second one should be)  . What am
i missing in both the cases?
Rohit

Re: Field method problems in first lucene program

Posted by rohit dholakia <ro...@gmail.com>.
Actually,I have been trying to get the new edition as an ebook :) .
Will try to get that asap . That did help . Thanks a lot :) .

 To tell everyone,i am using an opensource s/w for the first time and
this mailing list system is amazing.  Just awesome :) . Pity though
that I am not able to follow the questions being asked till now :(.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.