Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by John Williams <wi...@tni.com> on 2004/10/13 01:55:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: cgi handler not receiving directory requests

Joshua Slive <jslive <at> gmail.com> writes:

> >     This directive controls whether requests that contain trailing
> >     pathname information that follows an actual filename (OR
> >     NON-EXISTENT FILE IN AN EXISTING DIRECTORY) will be accepted or
> >     rejected.
>
> That doesn't mean what you think it means.  If you request a
> non-existent file in an existing directory, the PATH_INFO will be
> collected, but it will still generate a 404.  The PATH_INFO will be
> passed to the 404 error document.
>
> I can't tell exactly what you are trying to do, but I suggest using
> ScriptAlias instead of Action.  It might be as simple as
> ScriptAlias /comps /full/path/to/CGIHandler.cgi

Well, specifically I am trying to get HTML::Mason to fully support Apache2,
and this behavior is apparently different from Apache1.  This particular test
is running Mason as a CGI script, and we are relying on Apache to send *all*
requests for a configured location to the script.

With a tweak to CGIHandler.cgi to use both SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO,
The ScriptAlias method works.  Thanks!

~ John Williams