Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 03:56:51 UTC

HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23

Minor correction to Todd's report, currently HBase TRUNK doesn't compile
against 0.23 (
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/42/console
):

[ERROR] /home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/HBase-TRUNK-on-Hadoop-23/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/util/FSHDFSUtils.java:[35,38]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : class FSConstants
[ERROR] location: package org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol
[ERROR]

Cheers

Re: HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
I don't see hadoop-hdfs artifact being downloaded during the build. I see
hadoop-hdfs-test, but not hdfs itself. This is likely to be a problem because
location of the interface in question is the same as it was back in 0.22

Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I've filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4510 to handle
this. Please leave a comment there on what of the two approaches would
be desirable by HBase?

--
Harsh J

Re: HBase trunk on 0.23 Was: Update on hadoop-0.23

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
That' right.
Harsh has logged HBASE-4510 and is in the process of helping us :-)

In the future, such change should be better communicated to downstream
projects.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
That' right.