Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sandrine Bucourt <sa...@free.fr> on 2012/06/21 23:41:55 UTC

[context="shared"] caught unexpected exception!

Hello,

I would like to report an error message: " [context="shared"] caught
unexpected exception! " after downloading openoffice 3.4.  I already had
this message before with the previous version. By downloading the 3.4, I
was hoping to solve the problem. I still can't use openoffice, and I
would prefer not to go back to MSOffice...

I am using (trying to) Openoffice at home on a Dell Studio 1745 dual
core computer with windows 7 family-premium service pack 1
The computer is shared with different accounts for the family members.

I am not an IT expert.
If you can help, thanks...
--

Sandrine BUCOURT-GASSER-COZE

261 Rue de Charenton

75012 PARIS

Re: [context="shared"] caught unexpected exception!

Posted by Graham Lauder <yo...@apache.org>.
> Hello,
>
> I would like to report an error message: " [context="shared"] caught
> unexpected exception! " after downloading openoffice 3.4.  I already had
> this message before with the previous version. By downloading the 3.4, I
> was hoping to solve the problem. I still can't use openoffice, and I
> would prefer not to go back to MSOffice...
>
> I am using (trying to) Openoffice at home on a Dell Studio 1745 dual
> core computer with windows 7 family-premium service pack 1
> The computer is shared with different accounts for the family members.
>
> I am not an IT expert.
> If you can help, thanks...

Hi Sandrine,

You have a hangover from a bug in the earlier version that has been fixed in
3.4.  The simplest way to sort the problem is to delete your OOo profile.

Do this by first closing any OOo windows.  Then go into Windows Explorer. The
profile is in the appdata folder which is a hidden file, so in the address bar
type -

c:\Users\{whatever your user name is}\AppData\Roaming.

Hit Enter, you will see a folder called OpenOffic.org.

Select the folder and delete it.  Do the same for each user.

When you next start AOO it will recreate that profile folder but without the
bug.

Cheers
GL